Thursday, September 19, 2013

Twice in One Week!

Hello once again!

Sister Pao here! Aren't you all feeling so lucky that you get to hear from me twice in a week? Its P-day here for me already. P-days are on Fridays so expect to hear from me on Friday next week as well.


It is official that I will be staying here in the MTC for another 12 days. I will be leaving on the 2nd of October and I am beyond excited.

Let me tell you now about one of my favorite things in the MTC...and that is my district and zone! We are the most diverse and international district ever. We have missionaries here from Dominican Republic, Brazil, Spain, Colombia, Korea, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, Singapore, Taiwan (me), Ukraine, and Virginia! It is the greatest thing, because we really are one big happy family in here. Since we have P-day today, we were also very fortunate to get to go to the temple as well. Early this morning we got to go to the Provo Temple for an endowment session. Oh how glorious that moment was! The Provo Temple, although not very large looking from the outside, was ENORMOUS to me when comparing to the familiar Taipei Temple that I had been going to. Provo Temple is HUGE and I was blown away by how beautiful it was inside. Adding to the already perfect experience I had from being in the Provo Temple, we also got to watch the NEW movie for the endowment session. (YUP MOM, THE NEW MOVIE, IT WAS AWESOMEEEE! You will love it) A lot better directed and filmed for sure. (Shar and Robby, have you two seen it yet) haha.
I've been running into so many people that I know here, and it is really the most wonderful thing to see familiar faces here in the MTC. It reminds me of how diligent and hardworking my friends are and it overjoys me to know that they are hard at work serving a mission of the Lord. Seeing familiar faces really are tender mercies given to me by my Savior, and I am sooo grateful for it. (Mom: I even ran into one of Elder Wu's friends from England, serving here in the MTC!!) crazy small world huh?

While in the MTC, we have been emphasizing a lot so far on the purpose of us being a missionary. Why are we serving?- And that is because we want to invite all people to come unto Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer and it really is a wonderful thing to know that for yourself. I can't wait to help people TRULY know that for themselves. We have been teaching "pretend" investigators here in the MTC. Funny thing: two of my teachers here in the MTC our guys who were in my ward last year at BYU. Its hilarious to see that they're here teaching me, when last year, I mostly saw their crazy silly side. We joked about how he might end up teaching me one day and that I would show him no respect, but it was truly amazing to see how the Spirit works and how the Spirit can work through a person. And lo and behold, now they are teaching me and it was amazing to see them in your zone, to see them loving and tutoring us. They truly are worthy priesthood holders, and just from one lesson, I hold every respect and love for them. I am grateful for their worthiness and for their love of the Gospel, and their diligence. 

Ahhh where else can I go from here! Members are soooo important in helping missionaries find people to teach. MOM: IT REMINDED ME OF YOU AND YOUR WONDERFUL CHOICE AND COURAGE OF BRINGING LAWRENCE AND HIS FAMILY TO CHURCH. YOU ARE AN EXAMPLE OF A HARDWORKING MEMBER IN SERVICE OF THE MISSIONARIES. THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME THAT CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE A CHANCE OF BRING INVESTIGATORS AND FRIENDS TO CHURCH BEFORE MY MISSION. NOW I HAVE A TRUE TESTIMONY OF THE IMPORTANCE OF FELLOWSHIPPING  THE MEMBERS.
speaking of which ROBBY!: KEEP UP WITH MISSIONARY WORK. LIKE THE EXPERIENCE YOU HAD LAST WEEK, KEEP UP WITH IT! YOU ARE NO MORE A NAMETAG MISSIONARY BUT, ALL MEMBERS ARE MISSIONARIES. WE NEED YOUR HELP, AND THE MISSIONARIES IN HAWAII NEED YOUR HELP AS WELL! 

Funny things that happened these past few days: We did laundry just now. Although I've done laundry before, I was still soo surprised at how things can go out of hand so easily when surrounded by thousands of other missionaries who need to do laundry as well. First trouble: one of the sisters in our district had all her garments taken from the washing machine. how tragic is that? then following that, one of the sisters garments all turned YELLOW because her yellow skirt bled. Then following THAT, (thinking that I was safe)...MY GARMENTS ALL TURNED YELLOW....just kidding, well not really, because honestly, I THOUGHT THEY DID. however, we finally figured out that none of it had turned yellow and that it was only the glass of the dryer door that made all the white clothing look yellow. Whew! Dodged a bullet there! I still know what I'm doing, I know how to do laundry...hahha

umm...what else! oh right! Crazy thing how fast things are moving here in the MTC. I just got here two days ago, and now two days later, I have been called to be the Sister Training Leader for my District! Ah crazy responsibilities thrown at me already. I am glad that the Lord has this trust in me, and it truly is an honor and blessing to be so relied upon. However, I really hope that I will be able to do exactly what He wants me to do, and that I will be in tuned with the Spirit to be able to help out the Sisters in my district. I love them all so very much already and I wished you all could be here to meet each one of them. Although I'll only have two short weeks here with them, I can tell that I will be eternal friends with a lot of the sisters and elders I have met here. 

So with this new calling, I will be a complete newbie for the rest of this week, but when next Wednesday hits, with the new batch of missionaries coming, I will no longer be a newbie, but instead, I will have to lead and teach all of THEM that comes in. YUP! one week, and I will have to learn everything. The Lord really is wasting no time in moving his Church ahead. I am so glad and happy that I can be a part of the Lords Army at this time and in this dispensation. It truly is a special work and will be the two most cherished years of my life. We only have 18 months to be called "Sister/Elder" something, and I will use it to the best of my ability in representing Christ.

As our branch presidency says, be the best missionary as you can be, I will strive hard to do so!

Sending prayers and love always to all you peeps back home, or friends spread out all over the world.


Love,
Sister Pao

My first day roomies
My dear Sister Naatjes who served with me in my student ward last year! (She's from Minnesota as well!) and she's going to serve in Korea. 
Minnesota Minneapolis!
What happens at dinner time. The comparison of sizes of our homeland. The biggest one North and South Korea, then Taiwan, then Samoa, then Singapore. lol
My district!
Me and my companion Sister Ang
Elder Bowie from England! Knows Elder Wu! (excuse the crazy bun on my head...its p-day, cut me some slack. haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment