Monday, October 21, 2013

A Miracle A Day...Keeps the Lord's Work Moving Along!

Dear all my lovely poppets back home!

Its been another week and it's all just getting better and better from here! Ya I definitely sound way too ecstatic, but as missionaries, we are supposed to have a 24/7 smile, right?- well, at least that's what it says in the white missionary handbook. haha

Despite all the happiness and miracles we see each day while serving missions, we have bad days as well. Surprised eh?

Well, at the beginning of this week, we struggled a lot with helping our investigators progress. All our people just wouldn't reply our calls or texts! Yes I know we can be obnoxious, but seriously, just let us know if you can or cannot come. Haha, no, that was not complaining.

Sister Smith and I were getting a tad discouraged although we did not want to admit it. We both agreed on a unified fast and dedicated a day to doing so. Fasting works miracles, and Heavenly Father saw our diligence and sincerity. He blessed us with unimaginable success. Although we still don't have many progressing investigators, we came across so many people on campus who we've set up appointments with this coming week. We were able to teach FOUR full Restoration on campus last night. Hopefully, many good things will come from this, but of course, all according to the will of the Lord. We have been blessed on top of that this week, with 4 investigators and 2 less actives that came to church on Sunday. It was one of the most spiritual experiences that I've had so far on my mission, and I simply love taking the sacrament. Church, overall, is great, but there really is something just oh so special about sacrament meeting- and i love it!

Funny things about being a missionary: you get to see people literally JUMP UP, REV UP, and RUN AWAY FROM YOU when you simply say hello to them. It's the funniest! People's reaction when you are approaching them is hilarious as well. Often, the Chinese students simply think that we've met before, that's why we are saying hi to them and they get really scared and confused and apologetic. oh, so funny! 

I love the city of Minnesota, there are so many cute restaurants here around campus, and Sister Smith and I have been waking up earlier in the morning to go running. I LOVE IT! We get to run across this bridge every morning, see all the city lights start to get brighter and brighter, as the sun starts to rise. The beautiful autumn leaves here also reminds me a lot of Canada. I love all the trees and the changing of the leaves. It's absolutely beautiful!

Alrighty, that's all my update for now. Last but not least, I get to go knock on doors for a change today! I am going on an exchange, so bye bye to Sis. Smith for THREE days :( boo I am going to miss her, because we truly our soul sisters. WE are sooo similar in soo many ways! However, I'm excited to change it up and to knock on my first door. Pray and hope that i won't get smacked in the face by any doors these next few days haha.

Being a missionary is great! we get a whole meal at this restaurant called eddingtons, with yummy toasty soup, and unlimited supply of breadsticks for 3 bucks! usually its 6 bucks, but we get half off cuz the old owner of the restaurant was Mormon! Woohooo for being missionaries!

Well those are simply some fun tidbits and miracles happening in my day to day life. Keep me updated with miracles going on in all of your lives!!!

3 Nephi 22:10-17 I love the last verse, "This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." I'm not just changing my behavior to become a consecrated missionary, i'm changing my nature! You are all TERRIFICAL TO ME!

Love always,

Sister Pao 

No comments:

Post a Comment