Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dinkytown: Week 16: "Army of Helaman"

Oh man fam, this week has been splendid! I have so many stories to share that I don't even know where to start.

My favorite event of the week just happened to be last night. Well its probably the one that I can remember the most because it just happened yesterday. Anywho, on our mission here, we have a Sunday night event every third Sunday of the month called President's Fireside. It is presided over by President Clements and it is a night where the new members  of the church get to share their conversion story and their testimony. Last night was a night filled with an overflowing amount of the Spirit. I can tell you that the Spirit was definitely present, with all the missionaries in the room. We were able to bring THREE of our investigators there, Andrew, Steve, and Mila. during the meeting two missioanries Elder Burt and Sister Roberts sang a musical number. Did you Think to Pray. It was so beautiful!! It literally felt like heaven on earth with the music and talent that they brought to the evening. 

My favorite part of the night was at the end of the meeting. Sister Clements had all of the missionaries in the room go up to the front of the chapel. Onto the stage. We were overflowing off the stage and she wanted all of us to express our purpose to all the investigators in the chapel. She bore her testimonies about the missionaries work and how this gospel and church have to be the restored church of Jesus Christ if 80.000 something missionaries are all willing to be unified in serving The Lord all around the world.  We exclaimed our purpose to all the people in the room last night by singing We have been born as Nephi of old...etc!

I lovee that song and now I just love it that much more. It was soooo special to be unified once again with so many missionaries and seeing that our force is strong and ever growing. I am so happy to be a part of the Lord's army during this time of my life. I have so many more things that I have and need to improve, but I am so blessed.

I love you alll so much! Until next week

Love,
Sister Pao

No comments:

Post a Comment