Monday, March 24, 2014

Dinkytown: Week 24 "Ghost Town"

Happy Spring Break! Yes indeed, spring break is a happy time for all you students, but it can and could have been a tough week for us! The U of M campus was literally a ghost town all week! You may think that we struggled and were not able to teach much this week but miracles truly do still happen in our lives these days! It's true!
 
For example: Sister Huang and I were just walking on the empty school grounds yesterday, and BOOM, we found 5 dollars on the ground! Perfect find because we had just fasted together this past week so now we have fast offerings to give! haha
 
Other miracles happened last night as we scaled the empty grounds of the campus, and despite the emptiness of the place, we were still able to teach two Restorations!
 
 35 Nevertheless they did afast and bpray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their chumility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the dpurifying and the esanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their fyielding their hearts unto God.
 
I just absolutely love these words. I felt the power of the truths exuding from this verse this week.
 
No words can even start to explain the love for the feelings that I have when walking back to the institute in the crisp winter air on a calm, and still night after successfully sharing my soul and testimony of our message with two searching and accepting children of God. I love the empty school grounds when all is still and when the lasting lightness of the sun slowly slips away, being replaced by the twinkles of the stars. Those moments are when I look up at the large, and vast, and wide universe above of me, and am appalled at how individual each person we talk to are, but yet how similar we all are as well. Those moment are when I see how large this universe is, but at the same time feel the realness and the presence of a loving Father in heaven, of a loving Creator, and the love and care he has for EACH of His children. It is so real! He truly is mindful of EACH of us!
 
Missionary work is amazing. I love it will all my soul, and are learning to love all the pains and struggles as well. Life is never going to be easy, but why not find joy within the hard times?
 
I love you all dearly! You are always in my prayers.
 
Love love love,
Sister Pao
 
P.S. Another baptism this week! Will be sure to update on that next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment